Spiritual Rhythm is a new idea being founded by Christopher Dittmar, a volunteer at Christlife Ministries. This idea is to use a drumming group that will be fun and helpful in many ways, including:
- Raising money for the ministry
- If we perform in a public place, all donations made by patrons and supporters will go to Christlife Ministries to help their cause.
- Allowing participants to have fun with improvisational music
- No sheet music here. Someone starts a beat, and you flow into the rhythm, playing whatever you like that fits in with the current beat.
- Allowing those new yet interested in music to start exploring their creativity
- Drumming groups do not require much talent. If you can count to 4 evenly, and can tap your foot in an even rhythm, you most likely have what it takes to start exploring music with us!
Don’t let the name of the group fool you! We are NOT just drums. If you can carry it or play it, bring it with you and join in on the fun. Some of the best drumming groups Christopher has led have consisted of many variations of diversity, including violins, didgeridoos, flutes, singers, dancers, galore. It does not have to be a premade instrument either! We have seen trash can lids, steel barrels, sticks . . . you name it . . . if you can play it somehow, you are always welcome to show such creativity in this group.
We are looking for volunteers to participate in fundraising!
All who wish to participate are welcome. We are needing volunteers to come to a regular practice group and begin getting to know one another so that we may perform at Cycle of Life for a regular monthly jam, where we will play our music publicly for donations from passers-by and supporters alike. If you are interested, please track down Christopher Dittmar at Christlife Ministries - 1211 N. Main St. – on Thursday mornings at 11 am – for more information. Just look for the guy that looks like he either walked out of the 16th century or could be a kin to Abby from NCIS.
Our performance dates and practice dates/location are yet to be determined. Please keep an eye here for updates and details. We will also be forming a contact list at the ministry for anyone interested in participating so that we may keep you up to date. If you want to get on this list, please let us know at the ministry.