Parents on a Mission meets weekly on Tuesday mornings from 10-noon at 1211 N. Main St. and Wednesday afternoons from 2-4pm at 410 Tia Juana St.
As of now, Christlife is accepting enrollment for the August and September classes. If you have any questions or would like to enroll, please call the office.
This is a 12-week closed enrollment class that costs $150, including materials. *
The purpose of this training is to help parents understand the importance of their own emotional growth and maturity as leaders in their home. Parents are guided through an inside-out approach to personal growth and how it relates to their ability to nurture the growth and maturity of their children.
The lesson is based on the three principles of:
1) Examining our thought life and the effect our thoughts have on our self-esteem
2) The power of choice and our capacity to choose our thoughts and responses to past or present circumstances.
3) The power of forgiveness in restoring personal peace and reconciliation of broken relationships.
The mission of POM is to turn the hearts of parents to their children and the hearts of children to their parents.
This is done to help prevent children from joining a negative lifestyle. Raising children is more difficult now, things ARE worse. The internet gives children things to obsess on. Parents are competing with movies, music, media, and magazines for the minds of children.
- Parents raise children, not the community. Who can be trusted?
- Programs and the police do not raise children, parents do.
- Programs are needed but they focus on youth behavior. We need mentors for youth and parents (especially teen parents).
- Juvenile Delinquency is an old problem, we cannot use old solutions.
*All classes are free for WAGEES Clients